Hello my stamping friends. My share for you today features a card inspired by my recent visit to Texas to visit France "Frenchie" Martin. We took a walk in the evenings and stopped by the dock to watch the sunset. There's nothing better than the sunset on the water. I used the Paradise Palms stamp set plus the Let's Set Sail for the greeting on the front and then Handsomely Suited for the inside greeting. I have a video for you today to show you how I made this card.
Basic Black: 4¼ x 11 scored at 5½ for the card base, 4¾ x 4¼
Basic White: (2) 4 x 5¼
- Make a mask for the sun with a 1" circle. I made mine out of a post-it note that is sticky all over. Place it on the 4 x 5¼ Basic White layer.
- With blending brushes and So Saffron, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Gray Granite and Starry Sky blend your sunset and water. You always want to start on a scrap paper before blending on your project.
- Once you are happy with sponging, remove the mask on your sun. Lightly sponge some So Saffron and Mango Melody over it to soften the sharp lines.
- Die cut 2 grassy pieces from Basic Black along with one palm tree. I used adhesive sheets on the back before cutting to make adhering easier.
- Adhere the grassy pieces to the sponged layer, trimming off the excess.
- Stamp the greeting onto the lower left corner with memento black ink. I used the Stamparatus so that I could stamp it several times to make it nice and dark. Adhere to card front.
- Adhere the palm tree to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside layer with Starry Sky ink, and then either some birds or palm trees in memento black ink.
- Stamp the palm trees onto the envelope in memento black ink.
Thanks so much for stopping by!! I really appreciate it.
I have a video for you showing exactly how I made this card HERE.
To get updates in your inbox when I post to my blog, please click HERE
For a complete list of all of the supplies I used, please click the picture below or on SUPPLIES LIST.
All orders of $40.00 or more before tax and shipping placed in my online store with Hostess Code 2TYDPEYJ qualifies for the FREE PDF. This month's file includes 12 cards created with the New Horizons paper. If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code. You will get all the stamping rewards and I will still send you the PDF tutorial. All qualified orders will receive the download by e-mail.
CLICK HERE to shop with me 24/7.
Beautiful creation. It was such a nice visit and relaxed weekend. Hope you come back soon. ❤️ FrenchieReplyDelete