Hello my stamping friends. My share for you today is part of a blog hop with my team mates so be sure to click the link below to "hop" on over to the next blog. The blog hop is all about Fun Folds and Techniques. I chose to share with you my fun fold, which I'm calling a Double Gate Fold. It even has a fun belly band to keep the card closed. To receive the full PDF tutorial you will need to place a minimum order of $50 (before tax and shipping) in my online store HERE. For this card, I have all the details below for you.
· Basic White Thick: 8½ x 5½, 8½ at the top score at 2-1/8 from each end for the card base
· Basic White: 2 pieces at 2¼ x 4; 2¾ x 3¾; 2 x 4
· Green print designer paper: 2 pieces at 1-7/8 x 5¼; 1½ x 9½
· Pale Papaya print designer paper: 2 pieces at 2 x 3¾
- Using Stitched So Sweetly dies, cut the 3¾ x 2¾ Basic White with the largest non-rectangle shape die.
- Stamp the greeting in Shaded Spruce ink at the bottom of the die cut.
- Using the background image, stamp the die cut with VersaMark ink. Make sure you don’t stamp over your greeting. Quickly sprinkle Heat and Stick powder over the VersaMark and heat set. It will be slightly shiny when done. Then quickly add some Gilded Leafing. Make sure you have the stamped area covered well. Using stiff brush or sponge, rub the leafing to get rid of the excess.
- On the 2 x 4 Basic White, stamp 2 flowers with Pale Papaya ink and 1 leaf with Pear Pizzazz ink.
- Put tiny dots of liquid glue into the center of the flowers. Let sit for a few minutes and then add some Gilded Leafing. Rub with brush or sponge to remove the excess.
- Die cut flowers and leaf with coordinating dies.
- Adhere the green printed designer paper to the card base.
- Adhere the Pale Papaya printed designer paper to the 2¼ x 4 Basic White layers.
- With the card front closed, center the Basic White layers so that you have the same spacing at the top, bottom and in between the layers. Adhere one on the left side and the other on the right side.
- For the inside, stamp the sentiment in Shaded Spruce and the flower in Pale Papaya.
- For the leaf, I masked the flower and then stamped the leaf in Pear Pizzazz.
- Add a few very small dots of liquid glue, let sit a few minutes and then add Gilded Leafing. Rub off excess with brush or sponge.
- For the belly band wrap the green printed designer paper strip around the card with the loose ends on the front. Adhere the ends together. Make sure you don’t make the belly band too tight, but tight enough that it doesn't just fall off either.
- Adhere the stamped label to the belly band, covering the seam.
- Adhere the flowers with Stampin’ dimensionals and then tuck the leaf behind the flowers with a glue dot.
- Stamp a flower onto the envelope. You can add some Gilded Leafing the same as we did on the card.
I have a video for you today as well so please click here for the video
To get updates in your inbox when I post to my blog, please CLICK HERE to subscribe.
To get the complete list of supplies I used you can CLICK HERE. This will add all of the supplies to your shopping cart so just be sure to uncheck the items you already have.
Thanks so much for stopping by!! I really appreciate it.
CLICK HERE to shop with me 24/7.