Hello, welcome to my blog. My share for you today is a gift card holder. My team leader, Frenchie, gives us a challenge each month at our meetings and this month was to use Under The Mistletoe designer series paper (dsp) and combine it with a gift card. The top dsp in my pack was the one with all the pine cones on it and was screaming the Pretty Pines thinlits so I went to work creating. On my Whisper White layer I used the stamp set Peaceful Noel to create some greenery under my strip of dsp. I pulled colors from the paper and stamped with Old Olive, Shaded Spruce and Real Red. The paper also has Night of Navy in it so I stamped the greeting with Night of Navy and mounted the dsp layer onto a layer of Night of Navy. Once the card was assembled, I cut a pine cone out of Soft Suede and layered it with a detailed pine cone cut from Early Espresso. A little Wink of Stella gives it a nice shimmer. Under the pine cone I added pine boughs cut in Old Olive and Shaded Spruce. On the bottom of the inside I stamped the sentiment I Night of Navy and the added some little holly berries with Old Olive and Real Red.
To create the gift card holder I added a strip of dsp to a layer of Whisper White and adhered it to the top, inside of the card with some liquid glue, just putting glue on 3 sides so that the gift card could be slipped under it and secured.
Thick Whisper White - 8½ x 5½, scored at 4¼
Night of Navy - 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 and 1¾ x 5¼
Whisper White - 5¼ x 4 and 3½ x 1¾
DSP - 5¼ x 1½ and 3½ x 1½
scraps of Old Olive, Shaded Spruce, Soft Suede and Early Espresso
- fold card base in half
- adhere large Night of Navy layer to card base
- stamp greeting on Whisper White layer in Night of Navy ink at the bottom right corner
- randomly stamp the leaf images across the middle of Whisper White layer, making sure you are leaving enough of a gap that they will appear under the dsp layer
- adhere dsp to Night of Navy strip, then adhere to center of card front with dimensionals
- cut pine boughs and pine cones from scrap paper
- adhere pine bought to dsp strip then add a pine cone with dimensionals
- brush pine cone with Wink of Stella
- stamp sentiment on inside, bottom with Night of Navy
- stamp some hollies on the inside as well
- on the top, inside we will create the gift card holder by adhering the 3½ x 1½ strip of dsp to the coordinating Whisper White strip
- put liquid glue on 3 sides of this strip and adhere to top, inside of card, making sure you leave enough room to add your gift card
- adorn with other pine cones brushed with Wink of Stella
Below is a supplies list for your convenience. To purchase any of today's supplies, just click on the images and you will be directed to my store.
Thanks so much for stopping by!! I really appreciate it.
Customer Appreciation. All orders of $40.00 or more before tax and shipping placed in my online store with Hostess Code NTUVY36P qualifies for the FREE PDF. This month's PDF is all about the Lined Alphabet stamp set and framelits and was designed by my teammate Janet C. This tutorial includes all of the measurements, instructions and supplies list to recreate these projects. If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code so that you will get all the stamping rewards and I will still send you the PDF. All qualified orders will receive the download by e-mail. CLICK HERE to shop with me 24/7.