Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Marquee Messages

Hello, and welcome to my blog.  I just want to thank all of you for popping over to my blog yesterday and showing me love.  I really appreciate it.  Thank you France for doing that for me.  If you would like to follow my blog posts, you can put your email address in the "Follow by Email" box located on the left hand side of my blog, just after the Join my Team section.

My share today is for an up coming class.  They requested a shaker card so I thought the Marquee Messages would be perfect for this.  I haven't made very many shaker cards, so I was a little challenged, but pleased with how it turned out.

Here's my recipe:
Card Base - Dapper Denim - 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2
Real Red - 3 3/4 X 4 1/4
Whisper White - 3 1/2 X 4 & 2 1/4 X 2 1/4
Tangerine Tango - 3 X 3
Window Sheet 2 X 2

I used the Playful Backgrounds stamp set to stamp on the card base with Dapper Denim.  I then layered the Real Red in the middle.  On the smaller whisper white piece I stamped the "It's Your" words from the Marquee Messages stamp set with Dapper Denim.  On the larger whisper white piece, I stamped the Marquee with Archival Black ink.  I used the Layering Squares framelits to cut out a window from my stamped marquee.  I lined the framelit up against the lines coming down the left side and made sure that I cut off part of the arrow.  I colored the lines on the left with Emerald Envy as well as the layer behind my Birthday banner.  The stars were colored with Daffodil Delight and then some gold wink of stella was added.  Birthday was stamped in Dapper Denim.  I was then ready to assemble my shaker.  I used glue dots on my window sheet and put it on the back of my stamped marquee.  I added foam adhesive strips on the back of the window sheet, making sure I did not have any openings.  I put my metallic sequin assortment confetti in a pile on top of my small square stamped with "It's Your" on it.  I then was able to put my stamped marquee over that making sure I got it centered in my window.  I then used more foam adhesive strips in the corners and sides of my marquee so that it was popped up as much as my window was.  My final step was to stamp just the arrow onto a piece of Tangerine Tango with archival black ink.  I fussy cut this out and then glued it in place on top of my marquee sign.  I colored the "lights" with Tangerine Tango and then added some clear wink of stella to each.  Thanks again for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment